So I attempted to make some kitchen curtains. Now I've never had any sewing classes or done any type of sewing other than bags, pillows and quilts. So curtains were a bit scary. I studied the tutorial for three days until I finally decided to try it. I followed the tutorial to the best of my ability, but still had to have hubby help me with the measurements. We measured the actually window, even drew out the plans and studied what I thought to be every possible problem. That said you would think with all my preparations and even collaborating with my personal math wizard hubs, that my curtains would be near perfect right! Wrong!!
I wanted to make curtains that have a cascade on each side and valance type middle. This is the window before...
This is my big problem!! I made the two cascades and stupidly I let my math wizard talk me into his "space saver cutting" as well. And although something about it seemed wonky to me, it wasn't a strong enough feeling, and I went with hubby's cutting plan to save fabric. Well......although his plan absolutely did save fabric in the beginning, it has actually cost fabric in the end because both cascades are facing the same direction!!!
I decided to hang what I had so far until I can get to the fabric store and buy more grape vine fabric!! LOL Maybe the half curtain look will grow on me.... I doubt it. :)
On a happier note, here is the pencil bag I made for my daughter. She broke her pencil box at school and wanted to try a baggie instead. I even added handles this time!