Thursday, August 14, 2008

Poor Boys

My boys were so proud of the basketball goal they made and put up all by themselves. It is huge. My son in the photo with the curly top and grey shorts is over 6 foot tall. They scavenged the old junk pile and found all the parts they needed. They did a great job too. They even found an old friend of ours (explanation in my next blog).



See how they drilled holes in the back board hoping to allow the Kansas wind to blow through it without knocking it down. Ingenious!!! right? Well just two days after putting up the new basketball goal we had a huge storm and look what happened :( I feel so bad for them. They were really disappointed after all that work, but then my oldest looks at his brother and says with a huge grin on his face, "Hey, I have a new plan!!" I haven't seen the new plan yet, but I'll keep you posted.

No comments: